Let’s ROC on Saturdays!
In 2017 we will be introducing a Saturday intergenerational experience of service, worship and fellowship called “Let’s ROC” (“Reach Out in Community”). This experience will include hands-on cooking experiences, preparing meals and snacks for ourselves, our neighbors and families in need in our community. After completing our cooking projects we will share a time of worship and then share dinner together. This program encourages all ages to participate, learn from each other and grow as a stronger community serving others.
Let’s ROC on January 21st was our first Saturday Evening Fellowship and Worship of 2017! We started at 4:30 PM with Community Cooking. We made “mini bread loaves” for ourselves and to share with others. We had 8 cooking stations set up to accommodate all our guests. At 5:30 PM we held our Worship Service which was followed by a Potluck Supper. We provided turkey chili and vegetarian chili. All our guests brought condiments, salads, side dishes, breads or desserts. It was a very tasty and fun evening!
Let’s ROC Dates for 2017 Will Be:
- January 21
- March 25
- May 13
- July 15
- August 19
- September 9
Other Saturday Services:
- February 25 – An “international feast” will follow our “Traveling the Globe in Our Neighborhood” kids camp
- June 17 – A church picnic follows our “Kaleidoscope of Colors” kids camp
- October 7 – A Blessing of the Animals follows our St. Francis kids camp
- November 18 – Thanksgiving Worship and Potluck Feast
- December 16 – “It’s a Family Affair” Christmas Pageant!